Friday, November 29, 2013

Breaking Bad in Bangkok

I am back in Bangkok and going through my usual painful process of getting over jetlag. It seems the older and creakier I am the harder it gets and the longer it takes. These 24-hour flights feel like they suck a year out of my life. It is nice being back just in time for the most recent protests. I would hate to miss them. I was here for the coup, for the closing of the airport by the Yellow Shirts, the riots of the Red Shirts and now this latest brouhaha. It is street theater of a kind. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon. But talking about swing, here is one of my favorite cheesy Bollywood dance numbers from the 1960's. It is from Jaanwar, a 1965 romantic romp that I reviewed on my site ages ago. But I noticed that they have the clip of the song up on Youtube and I thought I would throw it up here as an easy way to create a Blog posting!


6 comments:

duriandave said...

Wow... that's the most energetic interpretation of The Beatles I've ever seen. By the end of the number I was twisting and twitching in my swivel chair.

Stay safe in Bangkok!

YTSL said...

You're in Bangkok for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Thought that'd be when you'd be back in the USA!

Brian said...

DD - I keep waiting and hoping for you to take the big leap into BW films and then start up a blog on the women! One big plus over Chinese and HK films - lots of material is in English.

YTSL - It's cold back home! Best reason I can think of for being here and not there.

Steve said...

Stay safe, Brian. Sounds crazy there.

Indian cinema is very easy to get into and is at an interesting time right now, with strong regional industries, the resurgence of 'mass' action movies in Hindi cinema, etc. Also as Brian says, beautiful women, such as Shriya Saran. http://bollywhat.boards.net/ for discussion and http://njmtv.com/ for rentals.

duriandave said...

I actually dipped my toes in Bollywood several years ago and watched about 2 dozen films from the 50s and 60s. I quickly realized I could easily immerse myself in the Indian cinema of that era for a long long time. But my investment in and loyalty to Chinese movies held me back (not to mention the fact that I'm more inclined to 1-1/2 hour movies than 3 hour movies!). In the end, I decided I could only serve one mistress. ;p

Brian said...

I have to respect a man who is monogamous in this day and age but what BW has lost, HK has gained.