Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back in the USA with Photos of Almen Wong

It's always good to get back home. For a little while. Just in time to vote in the New York City Mayoral race. Poor Carlos Danger. Back to tweeting for him. In any case, I thought I would put up these photos of Almen Wong from a calendar that she put out way back in 2000. Those were her heady Her Name is Cat days. They were not to last long as she was a Girl's with Gun's actress at a time where that genre had completely withered away. As did her career as an actress with her last credit being in 2006 in the film Men Suddenly in Black 2 in a cameo as a yoga teacher, which not coincidentally I am sure is what she began teaching after her career was over.

This calendar was sent to me years ago by a fellow who came across my website and who was a huge Almen Wong fan. I thank him again for doing so. At one point, he had a website devoted to her but that too is long gone so I thought I would put up these photos finally as I am not sure they are anywhere else on the Internet at this time. And they should be.



















 

4 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi Brian --

Ya, Almen Wong really has become a yoga instructor...

http://www.pure-yoga.com/en/hongkong/teachers/index.php?teacher_id=28

You tempted to come over to Hong Kong to take classes with her? ;b

Brian said...

I am always tempted to visit HK but that would be about the only thing in the world that would get me to take yoga. You go first and let me know how it is!

YTSL said...

No yoga for me! I'm more into hiking... as you well know. ;)

Brian said...

Ya, but as you get older and older you might want to switch to something like Yoga or sewing! I know, I should talk!