Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas to one and all. May Santa leave you many goodies under the Christmas tree or in your stocking. My tropical interlude is over and I am back in the frigid cold but I did manage to miss the biggest snowstorm of the century (so far!). I kind of regret that actually. There isn't much in my Christmas bag to hand out this season I am afraid, but I do have the lovely Mona Fong singing Jingle Bells to us. This was in Hong Kong Nocturne and I expect this song was done by Mona before she became Run Run's main squeeze. Mona appeared in only a couple films singing (Mambo Girl being one), but her singing voice was heard in many more. She is still going strong today.



and continuing with my recent theme of music from long long ago, here are a few songs from the wonderful Rebecca Pan who Wong Kar-wai fans know very well from her performances in Days of Being Wild and In the Mood for Love. Back in the 1960's she was one of Hong Kong's top entertainers singing in all sorts of languages and performing around the world. Here are a few selections from her 101 Songs CD set. Best Wishes to all of you.




5 comments:

duriandave said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

It was great to hear Mona singing Jingle Bells. I had totally forgotten about that.

Glenn, kenixfan said...

OOH.

What a coincidence! I was just writing a blog post after snagging that Rebecca Pan My Indie collection this morning!

Brian said...

Mona has a version of White Christmas as well but I'll save that for next year.

What does her Indie collection consist of? Sounds odd to equate Rebecca with Indie music.

duriandave said...

I can't wait until next Christmas then!

I posted some samples from Rebecca's new CD a few months ago on my blog. Also included are links to MVs by the bands on the compilation, if you're curious about what they sound like.

Brian said...

I am back in the land of the excruciatingly slow internet connection but will give it a look when I am back in NYC. Thanks.