Sunday, February 15, 2009

Picts

Not too surprisingly, here is another batch of photos of HK stars. Moon Lee, by far the cutest of the Girls for Guns stars - teaching dance somewhere in the USA last I heard, Michelle Reis, another one of my favorite faces* - even with the lengthy nose that Wong Kar-wai played with cinematically in Fallen Angels, a few more of Michelle Yeoh, a first time appearance by Nicola Cheung who only made it to best friend roles in a few films such as City of Glass, Twelve Nights and Magic Kitchen, also a first time showing of one of the new breed's few hopes Nicholas Tse, cutie Rain Lee who jumps back and forth between film and music and one more page of Rosamund Kwan who seems to have few fans but had an extremely long career in Hong Kong and showed up in a number of great films.

*Not that anyone asked but here would be my top 6 favorite female faces in HK film:

1. Hsu Chi
2. Joey Wong
3. Wu Chien-lien
4. Carman Lee
5. Michelle Reis
6. Athena Chu

(adjusted for my senility!)

Moon Lee (48 picts) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Michelle Reis (83 picts) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Michelle Yeoh (11 picts)

Nicola Cheung (12 picts)

Nicholas Tse (19 picts) - 1, 2

Rain Lee (13 picts)

Rosamund Kwan (11 picts)

5 comments:

Glenn, kenixfan said...

Cherie Chung is not in your top 5? I'm surprised.

I remember being a bit smitten with Nicola Cheung after City of Glass.

YTSL said...

Whaaaat? No Brigitte, Maggie or Chipmunk Chingmy??? Really????? I'm seriously surprised...

Brian said...

This is pure face - so no taking into acct personality or charisma - as if I was looking thru my photo section knowing nothing about these actresses - these would be the top 5 faces that would make me go wow! They photograph well. Not to say that Maggie, Cherie, Brigitte and Chingmy don't!

YTSL said...

Hmmm, find it hard to imagine looking through the photo section knowing nothing about the actresses. But here's another name I'm surprised is missing from your top 5 faces list -- i.e., The Face: Wu Chien Lien.

Back to Brigitte (of course!): I think it's interesting that you ascribe some of her allure to personality and charisma, not just pure beauty. As you know, I happen to think she's a wonderful actress but, often times, it really does seem that in East Asia, all people really think re her is how much of a legendary beauty she is.

Brian said...

Ooooh - Wu Chien-lien - hmmm - how did I forget her! Maybe I need to do a top 6 with her as number 3. The Face as you say.