Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From Tony to Yvonne - Photos


Here are 84 Tony photos for Eliza. Sorry, none in his underwear. A few of Valerie who vanished from HK films much too quickly. But she is in her underwear. Two zow girls here - Veronica Yippee and Yvonne Yung Hung. Only a few of Vivian Wu who has had rather an unusual career jumping back and forth between acting in HK, China, Taiwan and the USA. I never have enough of Vivian Hsu who still looks like jail bait but she has to over 30 years old by now I would think. And finally a bunch of Vicky Zhao who has a face that shouldn't work but it does wonderfully well.

Last week I did faces, now bodies. Here I think are the top 5 voluptuous actresses in modern HK film:
1. Amy Yip (duh!)
2. Diana Pang Dan
3. Yvonne Yung Hung
4. Veronica Yip
5. Almen Wong

Now voluptuousness doesn't necessarily equate with sexy. For me these would be the five sexiest HK actresses in modern film (post 1980).

1. Chingmy Yau
2. Hsu Chi
3. Pinky Cheung
4. Christy Chung
5. Ellen Chan

Tony Leung Chiu-wai (84 picts) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Valerie Chow (7 picts)

Vicky Zhao (30 picts) - 1, 2, 3

Vivian Wu (6 picts)

Vivian Hsu (7 picts)

Veronica Yip (36 picts) - 1, 2, 3

8 comments:

eliza bennet said...

THANK YOU!!!! There are some really good gems here. I can't decide which is worse, the mullet or the perm?

I love it that Tony (and Carina for that matter) got better with age and didn't lose that winsome twinkle in his eyes.

Also he looks smashing in costume.

The absence of the underwear photos are forgiven :)

Glenn, kenixfan said...

Pinky Cheung! Yes, how could I forget her so quickly?

YTSL said...

Brian --

"For me these would be the five sexiest HK actresses in modern film (post 1980)."

Okay, I gotta ask... who are the five sexiest HK actresses pre-1980?

Also, do you think you could list who you think are the five most handsome HK actors of all time? (Or is it impossible for a hetero guy to do that? :DDDDDD )

Brian said...

Eliza - my pleasure - I like the one of him on the motorcycle looking like a Teddy Boy - but he certainly suffered from some of the worst hair styles imaginable back in the 80's.

Glenn - Pinky is still out there working. It sounds strange but of all the contemporary actresses I think I'd most like to have a drink with Pinky!

YTSL - I'll leave the top 5 men up to you. As for sexy actresses pre-1980 I was mainly thinking of Lily Ho but upon a little more reflection these would be my top 5 though I haven't really seen enough oldies to feel like I know what I am talking about.

1. Lily Ho
2. Tina Chin Fei
3. Betty Tei Pei
4. Julie Yeh Feng
5. Diana Chang

Jason said...

I see the Yipster takes the number one spot. Duh, indeed!

Page 7 of the Tony pics: Wow, do you think Johnnie To is a licensed barber?

My knowledge of the oldies is also quite limited but I would put Li Li-hua in the running.

Thanks for another great set of pictures, Brian.

Steve said...

Oldies but goodies:

Cheng Pei Pei
Li Ching
Shih Szu
Tina Chin Fei
Candice Yu
Lily Li
Kara Hui
Ching Li
...

Shaw Brothers films are nectar from the gods. :-)

ewaffle said...

A million thanks for all the pictures you have posted over the years--the most recent (I don't want to say "last") sets are like a special bonus.

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder--the only addition I would make to the post 1980 list would be Teresa Mak but I am a bit ga-ga over her.

Kara Hui who I think is insanely sexy might belong on someone's post 1980 list although her career began in the 1970s.

lolleefan said...

"For me these would be the five sexiest HK actresses in modern film (post 1980)."
I think you forget Loletta Lee in your list for me she is number one !!!!!!!