Thursday, November 06, 2008

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

Now that the election is finally over I should have time to get back to watching Asian films again and occasionally update this very dormant blog. I have been really focused on this election for months - in reality I have been obsessed by it - and have spent much of every day watching CNN and have lived and died with every up and down movement in Obama's poll numbers. But he did it. We did it. I never thought I would see a black man elected President in my lifetime (and I hope I still have a ways to go) and am truly amazed and so proud that I did. The Boston Red Sox winning the World Series and now Obama - this has been a great century so far!

It feels like a very dark cloud has been lifted from our country and from the world. The past eight years have been a national disgrace and a national shame and I feared that our collective souls had been so withered that we might not rise to this occasion but we did and I feel great. I am not ashamed to say that I wept when the words "Obama is the President Elect" crossed the screen. It was a communal cathartic moment shared by millions around the globe. Maybe the world isn't a different place today but it sure feels that way. Go Obama!

4 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Congrats Friend :)

Brian said...

Thanks!!! The world should have a giant party on the day Bush leaves office. How was the Obama victory viewed in Turkey?

Glenn, kenixfan said...

Amen.

vinoth said...

obama rockssssssssssssss.....